Why I refuse and resist?

"Why I refuse and resist?" is a very good read on the Open Page of 'The Hindu' penned by Sri. Balaji Rao.

This is another exasperated outpouring on the issues around wedding celebrations which has become the norm since the last few decades. And yes - many would tend to sympathize with Mr. Rao and join him in resisting attending weddings.

If Mr. Balaji Rao had attended my wedding or that of my elder daughter, which I jointly hosted, he would be right on the dot with his complaints, if one chooses to complain on those facts highlighted.

But do I have any regrets or do I refuse to attend similar weddings. The answer is a resounding 'NO'.

I refuse to change because I want to proudly announce to the community around us - me, my spouse, the uniting families on either sides, that our children have chosen to marry and seek our blessings.

I refuse to change because such an event is Life time event which we want to celebrate with friends and well wishers.

I refuse to change because it gives me an opportunity to meet and say Thank you, even though very very briefly.

I refuse to change because, nowadays, my network of friends and relatives is large and it is impossible to host at home such a large number of persons. 

I refuse because on this occasion it is not for me to choose who I invite, but for them to decide.

So Mr. Balaji rao, I will call you for the wedding and I wish you choose to attend.

And will I do it differently. .hmmm. Please attend and see.

No comments: