VW vehicles with cheating fixes

I use Vento, a good car made by VW the German maker. The car is good and drives very well. I like the handling and the feeling in all respects including the mileage during long runs. But when I read the news about these guys having a software fix to cheat the regulator, I was upset and felt that I have been cheated.

I was waiting for an action by VW the car maker to come up with a plan to respond.

When I saw the response " Volkswagen diesel owners to get $ 1,000 in gift cards and vouchers" I was disappointed.

Will I accept it? No. I will seek alternatives. What are the alternatives I want? My wish list:

  1. I want the software fix removed from my car and new Firmware installed which does not cheat.
  2. I want the improved engine which would limit the emission to acceptable and agreed standards. I do not want to be driving around the car with a cheating engine. 
  3. I want compensation for the time when I will not have the car - period during which the car will be attended to by VW in their workshop for rectifying the defects. 
  4. I will wait for the licensing authority to decide on the fines which the corporate should bear for having mislead the citizens at large. 
If none of the above happens, I would sell my car may be in a year or so and change to a non German car and would through out my life say boldly that Germans can be Cheats.



No comments: